Update from Solihull Orthodontic Centre
- Although COVID restrictions have changed significantly from Monday 19th July these changes do not apply to healthcare settings and we are continuing to operate a closed door policy in line with current guidelines from Public Health England
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your appointment and telephone the practice on 01217112727. Please be patient we are receiving a large volume of calls
- Please continue to wear a mask when entering the practice
- If you do not wear a mask we will ask for evidence of exemption
- Please continue to submit the COVID-19 QUESTIONNAIRE for every appointment and submit it to us before 8.30am on the morning of your appointment (do not submit the day before as it will not be accepted)
- Before your appointment please read ‘THE PATIENT PATHWAY’ which will explain our current procedures (this is updated on a regular basis and may change between visits)
- Bring a pen with you for any other paperwork that may need to be completed
- For emergencies out of normal hours, the arrangements remain the same. Please call the Practice and follow the instructions on the answerphone message
If you have changed any of your contact details (particularly your email address) please be sure to contact us to update them.
Patient Pathway Guides
Please read our ‘Patient Pathway’ guide – download as a PDF document below and watch our Patient Pathway video before coming to any appointment. You will also need to fill in a questionnaire – also below.
Patient Pathway Video
Why are retainers so important? BOS Hold That Smile campaign
Our ObjectivesTo achieve optimal dental health and appearance for patients, and to offer a full range of modern orthodontic treatments, in a relaxed and happy environment. Full kindness and consideration is given to all patients.
AppointmentsPrivate patients may self refer by filling in the Self Referral form on the rollover link below. NHS patients must be referred by their family dentist. Please note that you cannot contact us by e-mail to arrange or cancel appointments. This must be done by telephone or in person during normal practice working hours.
Any Questions – Call Us
0121 711 2727
If you have any questions about appointments, your treatment or if you are unsure about after care please call us or fill in the enquiry form on the link below.
Welcome to Solihull Orthodontic CentreWelcome to the specialist orthodontic practice of Alan Coley-Smith. We are a professional team dedicated to providing our patients with the highest quality of orthodontic treatment in state of the art premises.
We create beautiful confident smiles to enhance self esteem and straight teeth to optimise dental health.
We are committed to high quality standards and Solihull Orthodontic Centre is a member of the British Dental Association Good Practice Scheme.
Our Clinical Staff are registered with the General Dental Council – www.gdc-uk.org
“Every photo I have now I always smile – I never did before.”
— Courtney, Bethany & Clarke —
Situated just minutes from the centre of Solihull, with ample parking, we welcome patients from the local area, as well as all over the country and even internationally.
- A Specialist led orthodontic practice
- Supported by a team of qualified dental nurses and reception staff. All clinical staff are registered with the ‘General Dental Council’, 37 Wimpole Street, Marylebone, London, W1G 8DQ. 020 7167 6000
- Managed by a Practice Manager
- We are registered with the Care Quality Commission
- We comply with Health and Safety guidelines on sterilisation and disinfection
- We also comply with the rules and regulations of the National Radiological Protection Board in the use of X-ray equipment
- We observe the rules of the Data Protection Act 1998
- Patients have access to a practice complaints procedure. If you are not happy with our complaints procedure NHS patients can contact NHS England – www.england.nhs.uk/contact-us/complaint/complaining-to-nhse/ and Private patients can contact the Dental Complaints Service – dcs.gdc-uk.org/
- The practice complies with the Disability Discrimination Act 1995
- We have a contract with NHS England to provide orthodontic treatment under an NHS contract
30 years experience
Alan studied dentistry at the University of Birmingham (UK) and qualified in 1986. After graduating he worked as a Royal Air Force Dental Officer for five years, spending time in the UK, Germany and the Falkland Islands.
Alan is registered as a Specialist Orthodontist with the General Dental Council (GDC number 61572) and is a member of the British Orthodontic Society and British Dental Association.Meet Our Staff →