These are general guidelines for patients undergoing treatment with headgear.
If you have any queries, please ask, we are here to help you.
- Remove the headgear before the inner bow. Never remove or fit the headgear in one piece by pulling the headgear over the face and head.
- Do not wear headgear while playing sports or rough games.
- At night always ensure that the safety mechanisms are in place to prevent accidental removal of the headgear and facebow.
- If any part of the appliance becomes detached during sleep, stop wearing the headgear and contact the Practice during normal working hours.
- If any eye injury associated with the headgear occurs, it must be treated as a medical emergency. Go to your local Accident and Emergency Department for an ophthalmic opinion as soon as possible.
- Bring your headgear to each appointment and report any problems to Solihull Orthodontic Centre.
- Wear your headgear for the number of hours recommended by your orthodontist each day.