CORONAVIRUSFollowing advice from our professional bodies, the British Orthodontic Society and British Dental Association, we have taken the difficult decision to close the Practice with immediate effect. These organisations now consider there is too great a risk to the health of patients and staff if we continue to treat patients.
We will be in contact with you as soon as we have received further guidance.
If you are currently in treatment, providing you clean and maintain your braces and avoid sugary foods and drinks, no harm will be caused by extending the period between adjustments for a slightly longer period.
The Practice telephone will be manned during normal working hours and a message giving a contact number for emergencies will be on the answerphone during the evening and weekends.
Dr Alan Coley-Smith
Home Help VideosBelow are some videos, produced by the British Orthodontic Society, which may help you while at home if you have loose or broken wires on your braces.
Lost Module or Loose Wire on your braces
Braces – Sharp Wires
Our ObjectivesTo achieve optimal dental health and appearance for patients, and to offer a full range of modern orthodontic treatments, in a relaxed and happy environment. Full kindness and consideration is given to all patients.
AppointmentsPrivate patients may self refer by filling in the Self Referral form on the rollover link below. NHS patients must be referred by their family dentist. Please note that you cannot contact us by e-mail to arrange or cancel appointments. This must be done by telephone or in person during normal practice working hours.
Any Questions – Call Us
0121 711 2727
If you have any questions about appointments, your treatment or if you are unsure about after care please call us or fill in the enquiry form on the link below.
Welcome to Solihull Orthodontic CentreWelcome to the specialist orthodontic practice of Alan Coley-Smith. We are a professional team dedicated to providing our patients with the highest quality of orthodontic treatment in state of the art premises.
We create beautiful confident smiles to enhance self esteem and straight teeth to optimise dental health.
We are committed to high quality standards and Solihull Orthodontic Centre is a member of the British Dental Association Good Practice Scheme.
Our Clinical Staff are registered with the General Dental Council – www.gdc-uk.org
“Every photo I have now I always smile – I never did before.”
— Courtney, Bethany & Clarke —
Situated just minutes from the centre of Solihull, with ample parking, we welcome patients from the local area, as well as all over the country and even internationally.
- A Specialist led orthodontic practice
- Supported by a team of qualified dental nurses and reception staff. All clinical staff are registered with the ‘General Dental Council’, 37 Wimpole Street, Marylebone, London, W1G 8DQ. 020 7167 6000
- Managed by a Practice Manager
- We are registered with the Care Quality Commission
- We comply with Health and Safety guidelines on sterilisation and disinfection
- We also comply with the rules and regulations of the National Radiological Protection Board in the use of X-ray equipment
- We observe the rules of the Data Protection Act 1998
- Patients have access to a practice complaints procedure. If you are not happy with our complaints procedure NHS patients can contact NHS England – www.england.nhs.uk/contact-us/complaint/complaining-to-nhse/ and Private patients can contact the Dental Complaints Service – dcs.gdc-uk.org/
- The practice complies with the Disability Discrimination Act 1995
- We have a contract with NHS England to provide orthodontic treatment under an NHS contract
30 years experience
Alan studied dentistry at the University of Birmingham (UK) and qualified in 1986. After graduating he worked as a Royal Air Force Dental Officer for five years, spending time in the UK, Germany and the Falkland Islands.
Alan is registered as a Specialist Orthodontist with the General Dental Council (GDC number 61572) and is a member of the British Orthodontic Society and British Dental Association.Meet Our Staff →